Extracurricular - EN

 




Extracurricular, the first Kdrama of this genre that I saw. While I was reading the notes I wrote about this series, I found it super funny, because at the time it was undoubtedly a shock to see such a different genre of Kdrama, since I started watching romances and comedies. In addition, I thought it was extremely well executed, which left me completely surrendered. For those who like thrillers in general, I strongly recommend starting with Extracurricular.


However, first of all I want to say that this Kdrama is not good for anxious people. It is the faithful representation of teenagers and their unconscious decisions. From hasty decisions, to ones without any sense, just pick what is worse. Be prepared to be frustrated and feel the anxiety of the characters. However, it is a well-constructed drama, in which we follow the evolution and growth of the characters and the (quite real) impact of their decisions. Furthermore, it makes us question several times what it is to be good or to be bad. Do the ends justify the means? Can a person have bad attitudes but good intentions?



In short: The story focuses on Oh Ji-soo, an exemplary and apparently calm student who, despite this facet, lives a double life of crime, testing his morality and values. Oh Ji-Soo finds his identity threatened, as well as everything he controls at risk, when a colleague, Bae Gyu-Ri, shows an interest in his secret life.



The Kdrama is pretty short, with only 10 episodes, but it is pretty intense, focusing on various heavy-handed topics like bullying, organized crime, and more specifically sex trafficking.



In terms of acting, we have Kim Dong-hee and Park Ju-hyun as the lead actors, both of whom are extremely good at their performance. I have, however, to mention that the entire cast did very well, since that I, as a viewer, was completely immersed in the plot.


In general, as I mentioned above, I recommend it a lot. It is quite addictive, with a fast-paced narrative that will always leave you wondering what is going to happen.


Binge-watching level: 10/10

Final: 8/10



Final score: 10/10


And you ? Have you watched it already? What did you think?





Images source: 


https://i.mydramalist.com/1Eo0zf.jpg

https://i.mydramalist.com/XRLkZ_3f.jpg

https://i.mydramalist.com/qD41B_3f.jpg


Comentários